2023 Trader Application
Trader T's & C's
A reminder of our trader terms and conditions.
BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings, or refuse individual bookings, in extreme circumstances.
- For a refund, cancellations must be made within 4 weeks of your booking confirmation. You will lose your deposit.
FEES & PITCH DETAILS
- All pitches will be outside and on tarmac.
- The standard pitch space is 3m x 3m or 3m x 4m – please indicate what size pitch you will require on the booking form.
- You will be required to bring your own gazebo or trading vehicle. You will need to bring your own tables, chairs, and table coverings.
- When bringing your own gazebo, please ensure you also bring weights to secure it firmly.
- We are able to supply power for an additional cost. If you wish to bring your own power, please note we only allow battery, solar-powered generators, or small diesel generators.
- You are unable to sell alcohol. If you are selling food or drink you will need to prove that you are registered with your local authority to sell food and drink and that you have a hygiene rating of 3 stars or above. If awaiting inspection, please let us know.
- All traders will require public liability insurance and supply a copy of your paperwork on booking.
- No glass is permitted on site.
FOOD HYGENE & HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All stallholders must abide by Health & Safety regulations supplied in your trader pack and certificates must be available for inspection/verification at all times.
- All Stalls must meet Health & Safety Requirements in line with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Anyone handling food must have a copy of his / her Basic Food Hygiene certificate. If you or anyone are handling unwrapped foods, then you must wear clean protective over clothing, such as an apron, coat or jacket. It is also recommended that some form of head covering be worn with long hair tied back.
- Please note that water supply is not provided. However, it is your responsibility to ensure an adequate supply of hot and cold water is available for your pitch for equipment and food washing etc.
- If you or your staff handle or prepare foods, then please ensure they/you do not travel to the festival in their protective clothing and ensure that all protective clothing be removed if they leave their stall/ vehicle.
- Food transported to the festival must be wrapped, covered or placed in suitable containers to prevent contamination. Vehicles and containers should be kept clean and in good repair.
- Traders must ensure the correct temperature control both at the festival, and during the travelling to and from the festival in accordance with Environmental Health guidelines.
- Sneeze guards must be used where environmental health guidelines require this i.e. unwrapped foods.
- You will only be permitted to sell under the food type and bracket that you stated at the time of booking.
- Trader locations are planned in advance so that no two of the same food type are in the same area. This is to ensure fair trade for all.
- Only one trader of each food type will be accepted in each food trading area. Meaning a maximum two of each type.
PACKAGING AND PRESENTATION
- The offering of samples will be allowable; if you chose to do this please ensure that you ‘design out’ cross contamination and double dipping.
- We are sure you already know the legal requirements, but please make sure your goods are clearly priced and information is available to customers about your business and production methods. Labeling must also include information such as the trading address and name of your/their business.
- Any traders cooking at the festival must ensure they do so safely and without endangering themselves or any member of the public.
- Please ensure that any cooking apparatus is well away from the front or edge of your pitch, with a safety barrier placed at least 50cm from the appliance with warning signs in place and that you comply with any request from the market manager to ensure the safety of the public.
- Any traders using gas-burning appliances must have a fire blanket and the correct valid and in-date appropriate fire extinguisher.
- All gas pipes should be of the approved type, i.e. orange, date stamped, and not older than 5 years.
- All portable/electrical appliances must have an accredited test certificate available for inspection.
- Please ensure that any display tables are sound, secure, and stable. If you are providing your own gazebo, then these must be regularly checked and firmly secured using weights.
SINGLE USE PLASTICS
- We do not allow the use of single-use plastics at Old Town Live. Biodegradable or compostable packaging must be in use.
- Please arrive on site no earlier than 8.00 am, to be ready to trade for a start time of MIDDAY.
- All stallholders will need to be present throughout the trading hours of MIDDAY until 10 pm as there is no movement of traffic on the event day.
- You will STRICTLY NOT be able to pack down or leave site until 10 pm. So bring enough stock!
- Please note you will need to take your rubbish & debris away with you. Anyone seen dumping or fly tipping will be fined the maximum penalty. We have ample CCTV on the High Street that is being monitored at all times.
- Please make sure you bring suitable bags/bin bags and a brush for the collection of food waste.
- There will be a number of 1100 ltr bins for you to use along the High Street.